By the end of the course the student should be able to:
- State the identifying features of a person who is in cardiac arrest
- State why it is important to summon professional help as soon as possible
- Demonstrate in the correct sequence the procedures and techniques for performing basic life support (CPR)
- State when it would be appropriate to cease performing CPR
- State the safety considerations of using an AED
- Demonstrate in the correct sequence the procedures for using an AED
Please note : should a candidate fail to achieve the required standard FST reserves the right to decide that a student is not suitable for further training and unlikely to achieve the required standard.